RANI TO APPEAR IN BENGALI FILM


The two-time National Award winning director  Mr Aniruddha Roy Chowdhury is all set to sign Rani Mukherjee for his next Bengali film, Africa. Her only appearance, in father Ram Mukherjee's Bong film Biyer Phool (1992) doesn't count, as it was a cameo. The actress has only acted in Hindi films since.

Says a source, "The director met the actress in Mumbai and gave her a story narration. An excited Rani asked him to come to her with the completed script. Interestingly, while he is keen on Mukherjee, he had also met Rituparna Sengupta, who is under the impression that she's in the film."

The source adds, "If the Hadippa actress signs on, it will be her first full-fledged role in a Bengali film. He is visiting Mumbai again in the next couple of days for his next meeting with the actress. Africa is a female-centric film and if she signs on, she will play the lead role."

Says Chowdhury, "Yes, I did meet Rani. We've had discussions but nothing has been finalised. I am still working on the script. It's too premature to talk about it. She is one of my favourite actresses! I would like to work with her."


Aniruddha says, "I plan on starting my Bengali film first and then the Hindi one next year. I am working on three scripts, two by noted Bengali novelist Sunil Gangopadhyaya. Sunil's works include Dui Nari Haate Torowari and Ajaana Desh while Africa is my story. I will be visiting Mumbai in the next few days to finalise preparations for my Hindi film."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Modern Charulata......................Rituparna Sengupta